Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Generations

Every now and then I get to see how different people and their family members really are. About ten years ago I had the occasion to photograph the children in this portrait on their grandfathers ranch. In between I have photographed them many times, but with the oldest now being a senior in high school, it was time to recreate the original portrait. We dressed them all in white again for a classic sophisticated look and came real close even to the same spot the original was taken on. When we planned the portrait, their dad mentioned he also wanted a portrait of his father while I was there, so we also put him in white and photographed him on his favorite horse for an really classic cowboy portrait. While there, he and I had a great conversation about my third cousin Ted Gray and the book the University of Texas did on his life, I was real surprised he had the book as well as read it.
Anyway, a great evening with great people, all unique, my favorite kind.

No comments: